Sandra Silva Fichter
Sr. HR Consultant (Spanish, English)
Sandra Silva Fichter has comprehensive expertise in a full spectrum of HR services using her fluency in the Spanish language. Prior to consulting, Sandra spent 15 years in a variety of industries providing Human Resources expertise in talent acquisition, wage and hour law, strategic planning and employment development.
Sandra also provides training (in English and Spanish), focusing on: Sexual Harassment Prevention for Managers; First Time Supervisors & Leads; and, HR for Managers. Her management experience ranges from managing departments (from two to 800+ employees). Her industry experience includes hospitals, manufacturing, non-profits, action sports, growers, and defense contractors just to name a few.
Sandra has a Masters of Human Resources and Organizational Development from the University of San Francisco, a Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) Certification, and the Society of Human Resources Management-Senior Certification Program certification (SHRM-SCP).
Most of Sandra’s personal time goes to volunteering with nonprofits, including those supporting veterans; she is an Army veteran and served both in the enlisted and officer ranks. She currently serves on the San Diego SHRM Workforce Committee as an advisor of veteran employment issues.
Sandra’s services include:
- Consulting on all HR functions, using her Spanish language skills and cultural understanding
- Training in Spanish and English, including harassment training for supervisors and employees, development for first time supervisors, HR training for managers
- Assessing the HR function (“HR audit”)
- Building and enhancing the HR infrastructure and functionality
- Employee handbooks and policy related communications (Spanish or English)
- Talent acquisition
- Program development